From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo workstation x/kde: disk size requirement...
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:34:54
1 On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 11:14:01AM +0200, Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to make my notebook dual-bootable (i must keep win because of
5 > some software), and I would like to know how big partition do I need
6 > for gentoo (basic workstation install, with X/KDE).
7 >
8 > Would single (except for swap) 10 GB partition be enough to handle
9 > updating and compiling? I would not like to see how portage eats all
10 > my disk space and leaves me stuck in the middle of update process...
13 That should be more than enough. My laptop has a 8GB / partition
14 (/home is mounted in a separate one), and I never get less than 1.5G
15 free as long as I made sure to unmerge unneeded versions of the
16 kernels.
17
18 W
19 --
20 These are things people "actually said" in court....
21 +++++++
22 Q: What is your date of birth?
23 A: July fifteenth.
24 Q: What year?
25 A: Every year.
26 +++++++
27 Q: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?
28 A: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.
29 +++++++
30 Q: Sir, what is your IQ?
31 A: Well, I can see pretty well, I think.
32 +++++++
33 Q: Did you blow your horn or anything?
34 A: After the accident?
35 Q: Before the accident.
36 A: Sure, I played for ten years. I even went to school for it.
37 +++++++
38 Q: Trooper, when you stopped the defendant, were your red and blue
39 lights flashing?
40 A: Yes.
41 Q: Did the defendant say anything when she got out of her car?
42 A: Yes, sir.
43 Q: What did she say?
44 A: What disco am I at?
45 +++++++
46 Q: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep,
47 he doesn't know about it until the next morning?
48 +++++++
49 Q: The youngest son, the twenty-year old, how old is he?
50 +++++++
51 Q: Were you present when your picture was taken?
52 +++++++
53 Q: She had three children, right?
54 A: Yes.
55 Q: How many were boys?
56 A: None.
57 Q: Were there any girls?
58 +++++++
59 Q: How was your first marriage terminated?
60 A: By death.
61 Q: And by whose death was it terminated?
62 +++++++
63 Q: Is you appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice
64 which I sent to your attorney?
65 A: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.
66 +++++++
67 Q: Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?
68 A: All my autopsies are performed on dead people.
69 +++++++
70 Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
71 A: No.
72 Q: Did you check for blood pressure?
73 A: No.
74 Q: Did you check for breathing?
75 A: No.
76 Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began
77 the autopsy?
78 A: No.
79 Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
80 A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
81 Q: But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?
82 A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing
83 law somewhere.
84 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 43 days, 17:33
85 --
86 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list