From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: intentionally broken media
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:37:50
1 * Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Some years ago, the Music Mafia did start to sell defective
4 > disks that look similar to CDs, but this is a different story.
5
6 Yep, I recently had an dvd which didn't play on my notebook,
7 couldn't read a single block :(
8 Luckily I didn't buy it.
9
10 In these days you have to be *really* careful what to buy.
11
12 BTW: a friend of mine is lawyer and music producer. I'm trying
13 to convince him to admonish those companies which intentionally
14 sell broken products ... would be nice if he'd really do this :)
15 Joerg, do you feel confident enough in the area to provide a
16 expertise which could stand in court ?
19 cu
20 --
22 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
24 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
25 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
26 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
27 http://patches.metux.de/
29 --
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list