From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: More lvm2 questions
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:24:12
1 On 04/29/2012 06:05 PM, Dale wrote:
4 > What version are you on when this happened? Also, what version did you
6 > need to do that since I have all but /boot and / on LVM now.
7
8 I'm now running lvm2-2.02.95-r1 on both ~amd64 machines and all is well.
9 The secret, as Neil reminded us, is to change /etc/lvm/lvm.conf to read:
10
11 locking_dir = "/run/lock/lvm"
12
13 This works because /run (recently, anyway) is created/mounted on tmpfs
14 before lvm starts, and that gives lvm somewhere to write its lock file
15 when it starts. The default setting is /dev/.lvm, but /dev may not
16 exist when lvm needs to start, depending on how your machine is set up,
17 I think/guess.
18
19 This applies only to ~ versions, BTW, not stable.