From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can portage clean up after a failed installation?
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 14:46:32
1 On 01 March 2007, Jules Colding wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 06:41 -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
3 > > On Thursday 01 March 2007, Jules Colding <colding@×××××.com> wrote
4 > >
5 > > about '[gentoo-user] Can portage clean up after a failed installation?':
6 > > > I've just tried to install nexuiz. Unfortunately it failed with "[Errno
7 > > > 28] No space left on device".
8 > > >
9 > > > I can see that some files was installed. Can portage clean those up by
10 > > > itself or do I have to do it manually?
11 > >
12 > > Easier that manually, but still not ideal:
13 > > # Free up some space
14 > > emerge nexuiz
15 > > emerge -C nexuiz
16 >
17 > The problem was that nexuiz didn't install due to lack of space on
18 > device. Anyway, I removed old kernel sources and ended up with plenty of
19 > room left.
20
21 Good! Now do as Boyd has suggested. That will install it and clean up
22 afterwards.
23
24 Uwe
27 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
28 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
29 Proof of concept of a TSP solver for KDE:
30 http://www.SysEx.com.na/epat-0.1.tar.bz2
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list