From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel HDA soundcard, microphones and skype
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:29:01
1 On 10/10/06, Matthew R. Lee <gentoo@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Has anybody got skype woking with this soundcard. Perhaps you could post
3 > your .asoundrc for me to have a look
4
5 Unfortunately Intel's HDA isn't really a sound card, but a standard
6 way of talking to sound cards. The actual chips are made by various
7 manufacturers, and it really is a bit of a mess.
8
9 1. You should not have a .asoundrc. Current alsa versions (since
10 1.0.9) will automatically use dmix/dsnoop as necessary. In almost
11 every case, it is wrong to have a .asoundrc.
12
13 2. Which version of alsa-drivers are you using? 1.0.13 would be my
14 recommendation, although you may have some issues with MSI
15 interrupts...
16
17 3. Can you post the contents of /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 and also
18 the output of "amixer"?
19
20 -Richard
21 --