From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Different desktop wallpapers in KDE4?
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:42:22
1 On Wednesday 30 September 2009 20:20:01 Roy Wright wrote:
2
3 > Here's what I did which seems to work nicely:
4 >
5 > Created an auto hide panel centered on top edge.
6 >
7 > Added the activity bar widget to this panel.
8 >
9 > Create Activity (cashew, Zoom Out, alt-D alt-A, then select setup
10 > (wrench icon) (you may have to grab and scroll the desktop to see the
11 > commands) and name the activity. You can also set the background here.
12 >
13 > Use the Activity Bar to select another activity. Note, the first time
14 > after adding an activity, the activity bar has a bug where it will
15 > show the names for all of the activities, but will draw n-1 buttons.
16 > Just click on one button then the activity bar will be correct.
17 >
18 > Now on any activity, you can right click the desktop and choose
19 > Desktop Settings, then change the background.
20
21 Seems like an awful lot of hoops to jump through just to get a facility that
22 comes out of the box in 3.5. Maybe I'll give it a try anyway, so thanks.
25 Rgds
26 Peter