From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tuning desktop appearance for legibility
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 09:09:38
1 On 03/09/20 18:44, Caveman Al Toraboran wrote:
2 > i think this problem that we have could've been
3 > avoided if the web was originally designed to only
4 > deliver content, without any power to dictate
5 > appearance, so that appearance is 100% a task that
6 > a local client should choose.
7
8 Isn't that how the web originally WAS designed? That the web-site sent
9 content and the browser determined how it was displayed?
10
11 My big bugbear is when I hit "print" and what comes out on the printer
12 bears no resemblance WHATSOEVER to what is displayed on screen - ie
13 pretty much every big shop website there is ...
14
15 Cheers,
16 Wol