From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Preventing new versions of gentoo-sources…
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 20:18:31
1 On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 19:18:22 +0200, Kai Peter wrote:
2
3 > > The bad thing about this, sometimes I have to use exclude
4 > > gentoo-sources
5 > > from things such as --depclean.  It's annoying but it's the only way I
6 > > could come up with to do this.
7 > >
8 > You can do an 'emerge --noreplace' - one time.
9
10 You can create a kernels set that means portage will never depclean them.
11 Add this to /etc/portage/sets.conf
12
13 [kernels]
14 class = portage.sets.dbapi.OwnerSet
15 world-candidate = False
16 files = /usr/src
17
18 Then add @kernels to /var/lib/portage/word_sets. This is a one-ff
19 operation, no need to remember to add options to commands or edit files.
20 Just unmerge the kernels manually when you want.
21
22 I use the same approach to keep multiple copies of gcc around:
23
24 [gcc]
25 class = portage.sets.dbapi.OwnerSet
26 world-candidate = False
27 files = /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin
31 Neil Bothwick
32
33 Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by moving to where you
34 can't find them.