From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] installation problems
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 06:01:24
1 No mount point on the minimal isos exists under /mnt where an installer
2 can temporarily mount another drive to copy output of errors or created
3 scripts that help them get around gentoo's installer limitations.
4 Earlier tonight I had been fighting with links since links insisted on
5 downloading an image rather than the stage3 file my cursor was located on
6 according to speakup.
7 I ended up putting the base url in a bash script along with an empty
8 download variable then using another computer to get the name of the
9 stage3 file and copying that into the download variable. Then I ran the
10 script which used wget for the download. My latest mistake was to try to
11 save that bash script since as soon as I left /mnt/gentoo everything on
12 /mnt/gentoo went away and all I was left with was a lost+found
13 subdirectory which was empty.
14 I at least still have the four partitions remaining on the gentoo disk.
15 It's also lucky I'm using drive sleds. The decision to remove lynx from
16 the isos I think was not a good decision for screen reader users. Now I'm
17 going to go back and repeat all of this stage3 download work and also
18 forget to save that bash script.