From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:54:43
1 From: Dale [mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com]
2
3 > I had to reboot so I made a new init thingy with the -H switch. It works in
4 > Console but nothing root works in KDE. I get the same error.
5 > Heck, Konsole won't even try to come up much less ask for my password.
6 > Krusader asks for password and says that su is not in the path. This is similar
7 > to what I got when I was in a Console too.
8
9 It sounds like your path might be getting messed up.
10
11 What are the output/results of the following commands:
12
13 $ which su
14 $ echo $PATH
15 $ su -
16
17 For each of the following: logged in to a normal virtual console as root, logged in to a normal virtual console as a normal user, and running Konsole as a standard user when logged in via KDM?
18
19 --Mike