From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Hard drives not detected in repeatable order.
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 05:22:51
1 On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> By the way, is it possible to use LABELs without and initrd? I'll start
5 >>> using an initrd before too long, I'll also mess with decorations, but for
6 >>> now, I'd like to keep my setup simple, no initrd.
7 >>
8 >> AND what bootloaders can use LABEL/UUID? Can grub's device.map use them?
9 >
10 > I think you need to use grub2 for that.
11
12 You are right: for grub-legacy you need to use the old hd(x,y) thingy.
13
14 Regards.
15 --
16 Canek Peláez Valdés