From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Wine users backup libjpeg.so.62.0.0
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 05:49:03
1 On 10/20/2009 06:39 AM, waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2 > MAKE SURE TO BACKUP libjpeg.so.62.0.0 and libjpeg.so.62 (a symlink to
3 > libjpeg.so.62.0.0)
4 >
5 > My older machine was getting flakey so I migrated to my newer machine.
6 > I updated the new machine to the latest everything, and got a message
7 > that I could delete libjpeg.so.62 (a symlink to libjpeg.so.62.0.0) in
8 > /usr/lib (that's where it is on my Gentoo system). Bad move... Wine no
9 > longer ran. Fortunately, I had not updated my older machine, so I was
10 > able to copy the files over from it, and Wine is now running. The weird
11 > part is that I followed instructions, and ran the revdep-rebuild. It
12 > claimed there were no dynamic links to libjpeg.so.62
13
14 Did you rebuild Wine? It runs just fine here with media-libs/jpeg-7.