From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 09:13:50
1 On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr> wrote:
2 >
3 > The 25/03/14, J. Roeleveld wrote:
4 >
5 > > It has already been determined that on this list we do not want extra CCs,
6 >
7 > I think you have determined this on your side (I'm not doing a personal
8 > attack, "you" is not "you" alone).
11 What usually happens in the gentoo users mailing list is that a bunch
12 of old fogies get set in their ways and project their preferences onto
13 everybody else. Just that they're the noisiest old fogies - the vast
14 majority of mailing list members probably just subscribe to listen for
15 potential gotchas in their installs / upgrades and never chime in on
16 matters of opinion, in part because of how mean the list can be. I
17 wouldn't be surprised if most users really just don't give an awk
18 about this discussion for or against.
19
20 I've never seen the extra cc nonsense written or even remotely hinted
21 at anywhere except by a handful of whiners, so I don't think it's the
22 majority opinion and neither should you.
23 --
24 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [x] social
25 Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
26 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [x] none