From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage has 0 debugging support for binary emerges
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 22:32:10
1 On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 22:03:46 +0200, n952162 wrote:
2
3 > I find no clue why the binary packages on my server aren't being picked
4 > up.  The --debug option  (and --verbose, naturally) has no additional
5 > information.  Running the --getbinpkgonly stops immediately, saying 0
6 > packages are selected.
7 >
8 > I found one problem: on my server, my apache log file had a 302 fetch
9 > error for /var/cache/binpkgs/Packages.  I touched it a few hours into
10 > the future and started getting a 200 for it.  But still no emerge would
11 > fetch a binary (even though there ARE good candidates).  On a guess, I
12 > touched all the files in binpkgs an hour into the future, but that
13 > didn't help.
14
15 Have you tried "emaint --check binhost" followed by "emaint --fix
16 binhost"?
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will
23 eventually produce a report showing that Windows is more secure,
24 and has a lower TCO, than linux.