From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Double firefox references in taskbar
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 14:41:51
1 On Saturday 11 April 2009, 16:24, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > On Saturday 11 April 2009, 16:09, YoYo siska wrote:
3 > > On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 02:13:06PM +0100, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
4 > > > Since some time (I think since firefox 3), when I launch firefox
5 > > > using the button in kde's menu, I get two "Mozilla firefox"
6 > > > references in the task bar, one of which with the turning
7 > > > hourglass. Then, the main window of firefox appears. The bouncing
8 > > > firefox icon continues to be near the pointer arrow. After say 10
9 > > > or 15 seconds, the bouncing icon and the taskbar reference with
10 > > > the turning hourglass disappear, and I'm left with only one (as
11 > > > should be in the first place imho). The aplication associated with
12 > > > the kde menu button is "/usr/bin/firefox %U" (I tried removing the
13 > > > %U, no difference).
14 > >
15 > > Mozilla-firefox does have a startup-notification use flag, do you
16 > > have it turned on?
17 >
18 > Good catch. I built mozilla-firefox with that flag disabled. Should I
19 > turn it on (I'm asking before starting a 3-hourse recompile :))
20
21 Ok, I found out by myself. Either remove "enable launch feedback" in the
22 button properties, or leve it enabled but recompile firefox with that
23 USE flag. Sorry for being dense.
24
25 Thank you!