From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Dependency info is missing! Run /sbin/depscan.sh [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:59:29
1 Thank you Sergio. This seemes to have solved my problem.
2
3 For anyone else experiencing this, to get networking, just type:
4
5 # ifconfig eth0 192.168.12.45
6 # route add default gw 192.168.12.254
7 Then edit /etc/resolv.conf and put in your DNS/nameserver
8
9 Then you can just "emerge -Dav baselayout"
10
11 I also had to
12
13 # touch /var/lib/init.d/softlevel
14 (mine has the word "default" in it now, FWIW)
15
16 > -----Original Message-----
17 > From: Sergio Polini [mailto:sp_rm_it@×××××.it]
18 > Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 12:32 PM
19 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
20 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dependency info is missing! Run
21 > /sbin/depscan.sh
22 >
23 > Daevid Vincent:
24 > > * Dependancy info is missing! Please run
25 > > * #/sbin/depscan.sh
26 > > * to fix this.
27 > >
28 > > Well, of course I do run that script and it does absolutely
29 > > nothing. No output. No anything.
30 >
31 > I'ld try remerging baselayout.
32 >