From: FredL <raptor@××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fresh install and problem with net.* init.d script
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 07:44:07
1 On 2013/07/23 01:13, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > Sets are your friend here. I have a base set containing all the useful
3 > things I put on all installs, including the things details in the
4 > handbook like a cron daemon and system logger as well as the likes of
5 > eix, conf-update, portage-utils and emacs. Then I have sets for
6 > desktop,
7 > laptop etc, each of which inherits the base set.
8 >
9 > so it's pretty much a case of partition the disk, unpack the stage3,
10 > emerge @laptop (or whatever, compile the kernel, configure the
11 > bootloader
12 > and reboot.
13
14 Thanks for the tip Neil, I will take a look at this portage feature and
15 will probably use it for building set for web server related software,
16 mail server, desktop and so one...