From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Kmail spell checker having problems with German Umlaut
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 08:39:00
1 On Sunday 18 May 2008, Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > I'm having a small problem with spell checking in kmail (v. 1.9.7, KDE
3 > 3.5.8). e.g. if a have the word beigefügte in a text, the spellchecker will
4 > treat it as two words, beigef and gte, which of course is not in the
5 > dictionary. Any suggestions how to solve this?
6
7 I am using Aspell and I am seeing the same 'feature' with English, e.g.:
8
9 gen too
10 gen-too
11 gent
12 etc.
13
14 Isn't this driven by the dictionary content? Not all of the words shown under
15 such circumstances are real words.
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick