From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel config thingy, "make menuconfig"
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 04:03:11
1 On 2022-01-15 21:04-0600 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Grant Taylor wrote:
4 > > On 1/15/22 7:47 AM, tastytea wrote:
5 > >> Did you know you can search with / and then jump to the results
6 > >> with the number keys?
7 > >
8 > > I've been using the search for decades*.  But I didn't know about
9 > > the number keys to jump until reading this message and trying it.
10 > > #TIL
11 > >
12 > > *Yes, I've been using Linux for more than two decades.  It's been my
13 > > primary desktop for almost all of that time too.
14 >
15 > You are not alone Grant.  I started with my first puter back in 2003
16 > and I had no idea about the number thing.  I gave it a test run and
17 > gosh darn it, it worked.  That's a lot better than trying to hunt the
18 > thing down.
19
20 I only learned about it a few years ago, after more than 10 years of
21 compiling kernels. Maybe someone s
26 Get my PGP key with `gpg --locate-keys tastytea@××××××××.de` or at
27 <https://tastytea.de/tastytea.asc>.