From: James <jtp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] nfsv4 file write and read "hangs"
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 02:31:41
1 I'm having some really strange issues with an NFSv4 mount on a few of
2 my systems and am hoping someone can shed some light on what may be
3 going on.
4
5 Server is exporting v4 NFS. I can mount the export from any one of my
6 clients. However, upon attempting to write to the directory using
7 something simple like "touch," the write hangs and I have to CTRL-C to
8 break out.
9
10 An "ls" will display the files in the exported directory without any
11 issues, but cat'ing a file in the directory will also fail.
12
13 /shared 192.168.1.0/24(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_subtree_check,crossmnt)
14 /volatile 192.168.1.0/24(rw,fsid=2,insecure,nohide,no_subtree_check)
15
16 I had this working at one point, but something went wonky and I
17 haven't been able to get it to work since. I was tinkering with
18 rpc.idmapd, rpc.pipefs (not sure what this does, honestly), etc. None
19 of my changes should have put the server in a state where clients
20 cannot read / write to an export.
21
22 Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
23
24 -james