From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB permission/owner - change not allowed as root
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 17:46:06
1 Am Dienstag, 31.12.2013 um 10:31
2 schrieb Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>:
3
4 > On 31/12/2013 04:30, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
5 > > Am Dienstag, 31.12.2013 um 01:38
6 > > schrieb Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
7 > >
8 > >> On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 17:52:56 +0100, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
9 > >>
10 > >>>> For some reason or another the system doesn't like my fstab
11 > >>>> entry: /dev/sdb1 /media/stick auto
12 > >>>> noauto,rw,users 0 0
13 > >>>
14 > >>> AFAIK the option to permit user mount is "user" and not "users".
15 > >>> Could this cause the problem?
16 > >>
17 > >> user and users are both valid, slightly different, options.
18 > >
19 > > THX for the info, I didn't know that.
22 > It's all fully described in the mount man page.
23 >
24 > You should read that man page to discover what mount can do.
25
26 THX for the hint. It's always good to RTFM. :-)
27
28 In the meantime I read the man page and now I understand the difference
29 between the "users" and the "user" option. But as I'm the only physical
30 user on my computer it doesn't makes a difference for me.