From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Editing Init Scripts
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 15:28:02
1 Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > Hi all. I wish to edit the Speakup init script such that I don’at have to
6 type:
7 > #echo soft > /sys/accessibility/speakup/synth && espeakup
8 > Every time I boot and login to my system. I added the echo portion of the
9 command  to the start() part of the script, above the ebegin line, but it
10 didn’t work. Is there anything else I need to do, or is this not possible?
13 Have you tried putting the commands into your scripts that get
14 executed when you log in.?
15
16 (.login, .bashrc etc etc depending on your setup) [1]
19 Here is an Advance Bash Scripting guide for bash that may also be a
20 useful reference for ideas. [2]
23 James
26 [1] http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/postlfs/profile.html
27