From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] the best filesystem for server: XFS or JFS (or?)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:23:08
1 On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 17:05:27 +0100, Florian Philipp wrote:
2
3 > > reiserfs/reiser4:
4 > > Future of these fs seems to be somehow vague, at least to me.
5 > > And I do not know if it can handle snaphosts and resizing.
6
7 > Reiserfs-3 supports increasing the size but not shrinking (AFAIK).
8 > Performance characteristics are similar to Ext3 in this regard.
9
10 Reiser3 does support shrinking, but not online. XFS doesn't support
11 shrinking under any circumstances.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.