From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions regarding the usage of multiple locales
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 14:05:36
1 On Saturday 26 June 2010 13:43:54 William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > Could it be your desktop overiding the basics? - gnome or kde perhaps?
4 > Also check the login manager (I use GDM and there is a language setting
5 > for the login there.)
6
7 Aha! You got it! From a console both ~/.bashrc and /etc/env.d/02locale are
8 being read as expected and the settings adopted.
9
10 From within X the different terminals do their own thing. So it must be a
11 dekstop script that sets them up differently. The question then becomes,
12 which script ...
13
14 I use Enlightenment as my desktop manager and kdm as the Display Manager, but
15 wouldn't know where to look further than that. kdm is starting up
16 Enlightenment by reading my ~/.xsession, which does not have any locale
17 settings in it from what I can tell.
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick