From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD partitioning and migration
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 22:11:48
1 On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 07:00:59PM -0300, luis jure wrote:
2 >
3 > the system has been up just a few minutes, so i haven't had time to do
4 > much. but i tried eix-sync and it seemed to me it went much faster. also
5 > libreoffice opened in i think less than 2 seconds, instead of several
6 > seconds like in my old HDD (a WD green, not particularly fast...).
7 >
8 > so, all in all i'd venture that yes, the improvement is noticeable.
9 >
10 > lj
13 Do some meaningful benchmark...
14
15 emerge -ajv app-benchmarks/bonnie++ && bonnie++ -d /tmp -u root
16
17 then post us your output.
18
19 Cheers,
20 Bruce
21 --
22 Happy Penguin Computers >')
23 126 Fenco Drive ( \
24 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
26 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
27 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
28
29 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
30 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
31 A: Top-posting.
32 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
33
34 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting