From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new scanner : any advice ?
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 15:05:15
1 On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 07:02:39AM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > My trusty 12-year-old scanner is starting to show signs of age :
3 >
4 > Epson Perfection 1260
5 > 1200 x 2400 dpi ; 48-bit color
6 > Speed : 1200 dpi hi-speed : Monochrome + Color 32 ms/line
7 > Optical Resolution : 1200 dpi
8 > Max Document Size : 8.5" x 11.7"
9 >
10 > I'm inclined to get another Epson, but would consider something else.
11 > The local store (Canada Computers, College St) offers the following :
12
13 <snip>
14
15 > Does anyone have experience with these or have any advice to offer ?
16
17 HP is the only desktop printer/scanner/etc that I've used in years, because
18 their Linux support is great. My home use HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g has an
19 embedded web server so I only need enter it's IP in a web browser and scanning
20 is drop dead easy. You might need more, but in the past all my Linux
21 experience with Epson hardware/drivers was negative.
22
23 Check the LinuxQuestions.org HCL: http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/