From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 22:27:56
1 On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 07:09:49 +0800
2 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > Not all the proposed changes are bad ... a read only /usr would be
5 > nice, but I object to being forced into what I regard as an unreliable
6 > configuration (or use unreliable, crappy software, eg pulse audio!)
7 > because of these changes - and for those who say I have a choice ...
8 > thats correct, my choice will be eudev.
9
10 A read only /usr is perfectly possible in any case too, especially if
11 you choose to do things more correctly like avoiding dhcp and as a
12 bonus it's various security issues of the past.