From: James Stevenson <james.al.stevenson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] LuaKit Browser and HTML5 video playback
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 11:56:52
1 Hello all,
2 Does anyone here know how luakit (webkit browser) accesses video codecs?
3 I'm just trying it out and I've been really enjoying it but anything
4 HTML5 (mp4, ogg, webm) in video form does not load.
5 luakit uses gstreamer as a backend and I've used the gstreamer flag
6 during compilation. I installed media-libs/gst-plugins-meta after
7 installation. I'm out of ideas at this point aside from recompiling
8 luakit which would take a couple of hours.
9 ---
10 Output of `emerge -pv`:
11 Calculating dependencies... done!
12 [ebuild R ] net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.18.6:4/37::gentoo USE="X egl
13 geolocation gstreamer introspection jit libnotify opengl spell webgl
14 (-aqua) -coverage -doc -gles2 -gnome-keyring -nsplugin {-test} -wayland"
15 ---
16 Best wishes,
17 James