From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] splitting audio file at points of silence ?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 08:19:21
1 Hi,
2
3 I want to split an audio file containing crow calls at points
4 where no crow call is. The "silence" in between is not exactly
5 "silence" but some low level noise.
6
7 Searching the internet for "split audio at silence" and similiar
8 gives me this link
9 https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/318164/sox-split-audio-on-silence-but-keep-silence
10
11 which uses a program called "silence" to detect the silence.
12
13 Unfortunately I can't figure out, what package contains that program
14 or from where I can download that program.
15
16 The input audio is a flac file and I don't want to convert this into
17 any lossy audio format to preserve as much as possible of the signal.
18
19 Where can I get this program ?
20
21 or
22
23 How can I split an audio file at points of defineable
24 level of "silence" into several audio files in one go?
27 Cheers!
28 Meino