From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1-Terabyte drives - 4K sector sizes? -> bar performance so far
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:17:34
1 On Wednesday 10 February 2010 12:03:51 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Mittwoch 10 Februar 2010, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > As for recovery, I always use "sysrescuecd" (http://www.sysresccd.org)
4 > > and this has Raid and LVM support in it. (Same with the Gentoo-livecds)
5 >
6 > sysrescuecd failed me hard two nights ago. 64bit kernel paniced with stack
7 > corruptions, 32bit kernel took an hour to unpack 300kb from a 20gb tar...
8 >
9 > it was pathetic...
12 Never had a problem with it myself, but I always test rescuediscs semi-
13 regularly on all my machines, just to be sure. :)
14
15 I'm also paranoid when it comes to backups of my private data.