From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Hibernate and missing drives have reappeared - Gentoo-user is also missing!!!!
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 15:37:54
1 Hi all,
2 I posted a message a few days ago regarding mapped drives not showing
3 up in Dolphin and the Hibernate button disappearing. I hadn't got around
4 to replying to peoples suggestions, don't you just hate work interfering
5 with your enjoyment of life, and was feeling bad about it so decided to
6 try some of the suggestions today and see what happened.
7
8 I did "sync" and "world", and hey presto, things are back to "normal".
9 Looking at what was updated today, the only thing I can think of that
10 could have caused the problem was polkit, as it also would crash at the
11 start of each session, and doesn't now. A look through the forums
12 suggests this may have been the problem. All is now good.
13
14 I can't reply to the original mail as I managed to delete it - dill.
15 Anyway I zapped over to the gentoo site to see what I said,
16 archives.gentoo.org, and to my surprise the gentoo-user list in not
17 there in the master list. Looking at the format of the url I guessed the
18 url to be
19
20 archive.gentoo.org/gentoo-user
21
22 I entered this and the list came up, but it's last entry is on the 7th
23 of April. Is something stuffed up here? Has gentoo-user become
24 "detached" from the archive? An up to date archive is under
25 mail-archive.com.
26
27 Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, even if I never really needed them
28 and if anyone on this list might know how to give the list archive a
29 poke to be up to date it would be great,
30
31 Andrew