From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anything better than procmail?
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:03:13
1 On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:37:44 +0100, David W Noon wrote:
2
3 > >Dovecot will store them where you tell it to. You could have easily
4 > >stored them all in a single directory like /var/virtual/mail/user, or
5 > >even used a hashed directory scheme (which might be desirable for very
6 > >large installations like ISPs)...
7 >
8 > IIRC, that means that I have to give universal write access, perhaps
9 > with a "sticky" bit, on that directory.
10
11 You don't, you only have to make it group writeable by mail, although I
12 don't think that is absolutely necessary. Each user's mail is kept in a
13 separate subdirectory, so they only need access to their own directory.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Don't count the days, make the days count.