From: "Hieu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ksh(93) emerge failure
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 01:06:53
1 > Will I be really messing up my new system if I install two version of
2 > gcc? And secondly how does the right one get used for ksh?
3
4 I believe you can maintain two different gcc versions (3.x and 4.x)
5 with the multislot USE flag. A gentoo tool is provided for you to
6 switch between the versions, but I'm not sure if ksh would recognize
7 which gcc to use. AFAIK, installing both gcc 3.x and 4.x has little
8 effect if you know exactly what you're doing.
9 Anyway, good luck on getting that to work mate.
10
11 Hieu, Luu Danh
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list