From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Canonical place to list modules to load
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:29:48
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:31:23 -0400, Mark Shields wrote:
5 >>> So if I want to load `fuse' at boot... where do it put it?
6 >>>
9 >> It's been the same as long as I've been using Gentoo the past 5
10 >> years: /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6. This has always been in the
11 >> handbook as long as I've been using Gentoo, too.
14 > That's for baselayout1. For baselayout2/openrc it has moved
15 > to /etc/conf.d/modules.
20 So I guess when people are asking questions like this, they need to
21 start stating what baselayout they are using. Of course, emerge --info
22 would do this but most don't include that, including me most of the time.
23
24 After the corg-server update, I'm dreading that upgrade. I'm still on
25 the old xorg. The baselayout if not done carefully could leave a person
26 with a broke OS.
27
28 Dale
29