From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: NNTP access
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:20:32
1 <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
4 > On 07/14/14 12:20, João Jerónimo wrote:
5 > > But I cannot use the newsreader to post to the list, can I?
6
7 > >> Is it possible to post to this mailing list using the NNTP gateway?
8
9 > > The Gentoo mailing list are available from most Usenet servers using
10 > > NNTP. Just be aware that one Usenet server, bofh.it, munges the
11 > > Message-ID: headers so that message linkages are lost. This means that
12 > > replying to the list from an NNTP message can cause a great deal of
13 > > confusion.
14
15 > Is the ascii file attachment viewable?
16
17 > curiously,
18 > James
19
20 Ok this portion above was sent via Thunderbird.
21
22 > This is a sample text file only.
25 This single line ascii file was included as an "attachment"
26 during the thunderbird response, but this is not normal mail
27 its via the nntp server that is pulled up (polled) by thunderbird.
28 So I can read and use gmane.org for most things and send
29 attachements, but they are displayed "inline" when I go back
30 and read it via gmane. Using thunderbird in this way,
31 as a supplement to gmane.org; is not perfect as the nntp
32 takes some time to updated.
35 hth,
36 James