From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to easily find out what USE flags are redundant in make.conf and package.use?
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 11:38:15
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 05:13:49 -0500
3 > Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> In that case, I then use package.use. Like this in package.use:
6 >> x11-base/xorg-server -hal net-misc/ntp caps -ipv6 media-gfx/gtkam
7 >> debug sys-power/nut -usb I use package.use for those exceptions where
8 >> I don't want something. Otherwise, I put it in make.conf so that I
9 >> only have one file to deal with for the most part. I am OCD about
10 >> some things, like brakes on my car, but I'm not that OCD about this
11 >> one. I do wish emerge would give notice when a USE flag is invalid
12 >> tho. It's nice that it just ignores it and goes on but a little
13 >> message that one has fell off the list would be nice.
14 > It does :-)
15 >
16 > emerge -p colorizes invalid USE flags and marks them in some way with an
17 > additional character. I forget who exactly it marks them (it's in the
18 > man page and I'm lazy today) but it does stick out like a sore thimb.
22 Hmmm, I never noticed that before. I think there was only two that was
23 invalid tho. So, I guess there hasn't been as many removed as I
24 thought, at least that I have used anyway. I did enable a couple that I
25 didn't know about tho. lol My USE line ended up not being any
26 smaller. lol
27
28 Dale
29