From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT???
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:11:31
1 On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/IOMMU_SUPPORT.html
5 >>
6 >> which seem to indicate that I should see an IOMMU option somewhere in
7 >> the drivers section of the kernel config. I do not, however, find that
8 >> right now which is why I came here to ask.
9 >
10 > It looks to me like the specific option CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT was just
11 > added for kernel 3.1, so you won't see it until then. It even mentions
12 > it on the page you linked to:: "found in Linux kernels: 3.1-rc+HEAD"
13 >
14 > It appears virtualbox-modules 4.1.0 doesn't check this. Maybe 4.1.2 is
15 > developed against the 3.1 kernel... Maybe you should switch to the
16 > latest git kernel, if you dare, or maybe you could mask the vbox
17 > modules 4.1.2 and use 4.1.0 instead? I'm not a virtualbox user so I
18 > have no idea if that's a reasonable suggestion or not, but I'm just
19 > throwing it out there. :)
22 Thanks for the insights Paul. I'll roll back to a slightly earlier
23 version of Virtualbox which will likely solve the problem.
24
25 Cheers,
26 Mark