From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which mobile (cell) phone manager?
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 14:39:18
1 On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > There seems to be a long list of mobile phone managers out there:
5 >
6 > kmobiletools
7 > gnokii
8 > wammu/gammu
9 >
10 > There's probably more (gnome-phone-manager?) but I do not have Gnome on this
11 > machine. I have a Nokia phone and I am not sure of the pros + cons of each
12 > application for managing it.
13 >
14 > Have you used any of these and what would you recommend?
15
16 I use Nokia PC Suite for Windows in a virtual machine. :)
17
18 But, really, I don't use any of them. The only real use I've seen from
19 them is easier entry of contacts, and I only have about 10 contacts so
20 it is not a problem for me to type them on the phone.
21
22 For backups, I use the phone's internal backup function to make a
23 backup onto the memory card.