From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] user config provisioning
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 13:14:12
1 On 21.05.2015 10:49, Paul Tobias wrote:
2 > On 20 May 2015 22:08, "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> alias abcd-server='ssh -p 51023 174.183.26.11' # demo only
5 >
6 > Instead of aliases, you can put this into ~/. ssh/config:
7 > Host abcd
8 > Port 51023
9 > Hostname 174.183.26.11
10 >
11 > And then you can simply do this:
12 > ssh abcd
13 >
14 > As a bonus, the host abcd will work with scp and rsync too.
15
16 Yes, I knew of that.
17
18 I have to think what is better ... maybe really your suggested way of
19 doing it.
20
21 I just have to "convert" my aliases once ...
22
23 > You can
24 > check man ssh_config for some other options to use, for example the
25 > User is very useful too. Here are some more tricks:
26 > https://blog.flameeyes.eu/2011/01/mostly-unknown-openssh-tricks
27 >
28 > There is a package net-misc/keychain which is useful to add your keys
29 > to the agent, and handles gpg keys too.
30
31 I have that on my systems, yes.
32
33 > Also note that most ssh servers allow only 3-5 authentication
34 > attempts, so if you have more than 2 keys in your agent, then
35 > connecting to a server with password authentication might fail.
36
37 ok, good to have that in mind, yes
38
39 > If you need to keep security boundaries but don't want to give up the
40 > convenience of ssh agent forwarding then you can use ssh-ident, as
41 > described here: http://rabexc.org/posts/pitfalls-of-ssh-agents
42 > (unfortunately no gentoo package for that one, but it's just a single
43 > python file).
44
45 thanks! nice hints ... I will take a closer look later when I fixed that
46 logjam-stuff on web and mailservers ....
47
48 nice day to you as well, Stefan