From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dynamic service runlevel
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 10:00:59
1 On 10.11.2013 09:20, Linlin Yan (颜林林) wrote:
2 > Is it possible to set dynamic service run-level (rc-update) according to
3 > different kernel version.
4 >
5 > There are different kernel versions in my grub menu, and I need to switch
6 > between these versions for development purpose. I currently want to disable
7 > some services under specific kernel version., but I cannot find where to
8 > customize this. Any suggestion?
9
10 What I have done is to have two different runlevels (default and kde in
11 my case) with different services added to each one (the kde runlevel
12 starts X, kde, and som other stuff that I do not have in the default
13 level). Then I have added "softlevel=kde" to the parameters for the kernel.
16 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
18 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!

0x2FB894AD.asc application/pgp-keys