From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Scanner sharing with HPLIP?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:15:28
1 > Here is a method for sharing a scanner over a network with
2 > sane-backends and inetd:
3 >
4 > http://www.linux.com/articles/57798
5 >
6 > My prospective printer/scanner (HP c4599) is not listed in the SANE
7 > compatible devices:
8 >
9 > http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-HEWLETT-PACKARD
10 >
11 > It is listed in HPLIP, but the network feature is apparently not
12 > working (Network I/O):
13 >
14 > http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/photosmart/photosmart_c4500_series.html
15 >
16 > Can I share the scanner over the network without SANE support since it
17 > has HPLIP support?
18 >
19 > - Grant
20
21 I'm going to get the Epson Artisan 700 instead of the HP so I'm
22 wondering about using media-gfx/iscan instead of HPLIP and how that
23 will work for network sharing of the scanner.
24
25 - Grant