From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting time in middle of session
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:56:54
1 On 16 February 2006 09:10, acaudel@×××××.com wrote:
2 > I've had to temporarily switch to dial-up from a broadband connection
3 > and of course /etc/init.d/ntp-client fails since a connection is not
4 > available on boot-up. I have tried manually executing this but it has
5 > occurred to me that setting the time in the middle of a session may not
6 > be a good idea.
7 >
8 > Any thoughts?
9
10 With a dial-up connection, you haven't much chance other than connecting to a
11 time server when your connection is up. I do it automatically
12 in /etc/ppp/ip-up.
13
14 Uwe
17 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list