From: Julien Roy <julien@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I have no sound in my gentoo install.
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 16:41:35
1 Hello,
2
3 You replied again to me directly. Reply to the list, so other people
4 will see your response, and can help.
5
6 If Pavucontrol doesn't show any device, then most likely you are missing
7 drivers for your sound devices, or perhaps your kernel doesn't support
8 sound at all.
9
10 A quick way to (try to) fix the problem would be to use a dist-kernel,
11 such as sys-kernel/gentoo-kernel (or sys-kernel/gentoo-kernel-bin) to
12 see whether your issue is in your .config.
13 If using those kernels fixes the problem, you can use the `lsmod`
14 command, combined with `lpsci -nnk` to see what drivers are being used
15 for your devices.
16
17 From there, you can fix your .config file and revert back to a custom
18 kernel.
19
20 Regards,
21 Julien