From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} cdrdao's toc2cue question
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 17:36:27
1 >> I patched cdrdao to recognize certain CD-TEXT types for its toc file
2 >> creation with the info here:
3 >>
4 >> http://www.lackhead.org/2007/05/patch-for-cdrdao-122-cd-text-causing-crash/
5 >>
6 >> but toc2cue fails to execute on such a toc file with a series of these:
7 >>
8 >> ERROR: CD/cdda.toc:36: Invalid CD-TEXT item for a track.
9 >
10 > What do you like to do?
11 >
12 > Did you try cdda2wav and cdrecord?
13 >
14 > The CUE format interpreter in cdrdao is known to be incomplete.
15
16 I'm using a script I wrote to rip a CD twice (each rip creating a
17 binary file and toc file), compare the two rips with cmp, convert the
18 toc to cue with toc2cue, create a single FLAC file with flac, and
19 split the FLAC file into separate track files with cuebreakpoints.
20 I'd be happy to post the script if anyone is interested. It works
21 really well.
22
23 I'm very concerned with having as perfect a copy of the original CD as
24 possible. I read an article once about how cdrdao was the only method
25 that seemed to get it right.
26
27 - Grant