From: forgottenwizard <phrexianreaper@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] intelfb and 945GM
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 06:12:34
1 On 21:42 Tue 25 Mar , Sergey Kobzar wrote:
2 > >> That's one of the reason why I wanted intelfb, but got no luck. I'm
3 > >> using uvesafb at the moment, but still hope intelfb will be fixed
4 > >> soon.
5 > >>
6 > > I seem to have missed the start of this thread, but if you don't mind,
7 > > could you give me a quick idea on what is broken within intelfb? I've
8 > > been debating on switching to it, but keep seeing info on it being
9 > > broken, and nothing on WHAT is broken.
10 >
11 > I see screen with many scrolling white lines (probably this are kernel
12 > messages). It looks like problem with synchronization or unsupported
13 > video mode.
14 >
15 > uvesafb works nice.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Sergey
19 >
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
25 uvesafb works, but it is a bit slow, and requires user-space programs to
26 run. Its a great peice of code and such, but something that is
27 kernel-space and able to use hardware effectivly would be even nicer.
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list