From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: "Bright" colours in xterm?
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 20:40:16
1 On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > When I fire up vim in a true text console, some of the colours are
4 > bright. When I do so in an xterm, the bright colours ar there, but as
5 > soon as I hit a printable or arrow key, the brightness disappears. I.e.
6 > bright blue turns to dark blue, yellow turns to brown, etc. Is there
7 > some setting I can change to retain the bright colours?
10 There are a couple ways you can do it. The first is through your
11 .xresources file. X11 keeps its session configuration and preferences in a
12 key/value store called resources, and you can drop stuff into that file to
13 configure just about anything.
14
15 'man xterm' to find the resources you can twiddle with.
16
17 The other thing you can do is add 'set background=dark' to your .vimrc.
20 :wq