From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] In search of a certain program...
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 09:37:33
1 On Friday, 13 October 2017 04:20:19 BST tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > in a video I saw someone using a neat little commandline tool (no gui)
5 > called 'qcalc', with which he performs some interesting calculations.
6 >
7 > I searched the web for it and found this link
8 > https://state-machine.com/qtools/qcalc.html#qcalc_linux
9 > but it is another type of calculator and it has a gui.
10 >
11 > Does someone knows of this commandline tool and what
12 > package/archive/... it is contained in?
13 >
14 > Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
15 > Cheers
16 > Meino
17
18 Have a look at GNU bc.
19
20 $ bc
21 bc 1.06.95
22 Copyright 1991-1994, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2006 Free Software Foundation,
23 Inc.
24 This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
25 For details type `warranty'.
26 3+5
27 8
28 sqrt(16)
29 4
30 quit
31 $
32
33 man bc shows the capabilities of this calculator which significantly exceed
34 mine and reminds me why I should have paid more attention at school. :-p
37 Regards,
38 Mick