From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommended location of the Gentoo ebuild repository
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 15:15:04
1 On 16/12/2020 13:51, gevisz wrote:
2 > How would you comment the following quote from Gentoo Handbook
3 > "In most situations, /usr/ is to be kept big: not only will it contain
4 > the majority of applications, it typically also hosts the Gentoo ebuild
5 > repository (by default located at /var/db/repos/gentoo) which already
6 > takes around 650 MiB."
7 > that can be found here:
8 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Disks ?
9 >
10 > Have I correctly understood that the Gentoo ebuild repository default location
11 > is /var/db/repos/gentoo but virtually everybody relocate it to /usr/ during
12 > the installation process?
13 >
14 > Why not change its default location to /usr/ in this case?
15 >
16 > Where the Gentoo ebuild repository should be allocated? Why?
17
18 Wherever you want. I have on /mnt/Data/gentoo/portage, so... meh :P