From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] accessibility problems using gnome and orca
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 21:57:40
1 on Monday 02/19/2007 b.n.(brullonulla@×××××.com) wrote
2 > John covici ha scritto:
3 > > Hi. I am having accessibility problems using orca, gnome-speech0.4.9
4 > > (or .6) and so far festival. Is this the right place to ask, or is
5 > > there a better list for this?
6 >
7 > If you are using Gentoo this is probably a useful list, however it would
8 > be nice to know what exact kind of problems you are having to let us
9 > help you.
10 >
11 > m.
12
13 OK, a couple of things. When I do orca -t from a text console, I get
14 two voices at the same time. This also happens when I do
15 gnome-speech. The two voices go away once I select festival and the
16 voice I wish to use. The main problem is that if I start X even after
17 doing the orca -t and stopping X, I get no speech except sometimes it
18 says "welcome to focus tracking mode", but noth8ing else. The menus
19 say nothing, nor alt-f2. Festival server is started.
22 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
23 How do
24 you spend it?
25
26 John Covici