From: don <don_reid@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to downgrade X and its dependencies
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 05:20:34
1 On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 03:36:13PM -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > > Is the a fairly simple way to get them all downgraded to the version
3 > > that works with xorg 6.9? If it were something less basic than X, I
4 > > would just unmerege them all and re-emerge. But removing X will remove
5 > > a lot of things including some large applications (won't it?).
6 >
7 > Couldn't you just put the xorg you don't want
8 > in /etc/portage/package.mask and then say "emerge -av xorg-x11"? That
9
10 That just complains about many packages blocking it.